Safer Streets Fund Assistance
What is the Safer Streets Fund?
The Safer Streets Fund enables Police and Crime Commissioners (PCCs) and Local Authorities to bid for investment in initiatives which have been proven to prevent neighbourhood crime.
Grants will go towards measures such as improved home security, simple changes to the design of streets, increased street-lighting and the installation of CCTV.
The fund aims to:
- reduce neighbourhood crime in areas that receive funding, making residents safer and reducing demand on the police
- build evidence to strengthen the case for future investment in targeted crime prevention
- grow local capability to undertake data driven problem solving approaches to crime prevention
Safer Streets Specialised Workshop
As a result of being contracted by the Home Office to provide support for Designing Out Crime Officers and the offices of Police and Crime Commissioners involved in submitting Safer Streets bids, the Academy has developed a workshop that will increase the capacity of community representatives to identify and implement practical solutions which will assist communities in preventing crime and anti-social behaviour.
- Delivered locally or virtually
- Flexibility to deliver over 1, 2 or 3 days
- Potential to lead onto an accredited Level 3 crime prevention qualification
For more information or to book a workshop please contact us